Managed services is designed to be an all-you-can-eat model where both organisations are aligned so that they work together, where in the past, an IT provider might bill hourly and fix problems on an issue-by-issue basis. Now with managed services, the IT provider has a vested interest in aligning the organisation outcomes to provide a proactive service that minimises problems.
TOP 5 REASONS TO USE MANAGED IT SERVICES
While managed services are not a one-size-fits-all solution, they do offer a clear-cut solution to a number of significant business challenges faced by organizations of all shapes and sizes, including:
- High Hardware Costs: Technology architectures are incredibly expensive to buy, with no guarantees they won’t be obsolete within two years.
- Increasingly Specialized Technologies:Traditionally, companies could hire a handful of IT staff to build, manage, and troubleshoot problems across the entire IT enterprise. Now, in order to ensure high performance and availability, IT teams are built for each IT function (ex. data center, security, etc.).
- Cost of Qualified Personnel: IT personnel are in high demand… and they don’t come cheap.
- Scarcity of Qualified Personnel: Even if you do have an IT team, do you have enough? Are the people you do have completely up to their ears with maintenance?
- Opportunity Cost of Constant Maintenance: If unencumbered by maintenance, members of your IT team could focus on business enhancing projects such as updating your CRM or developing new lead generation analytics, etc.